Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Anyone ever heard of these....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Attached a link from ebay.

    Driver and horn from Altec Design 1.

    Never seen this in Vintage Altec stuff...

    Thought it might be from Sparkomatic, but I never knew them building Horn speakers.

    And what is Altec Design....

    Another Question...

    Saw another Altec Speaker....the 1010...Looks like Vintage (real) Altec. But never heard of them either.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI Mike,
    I've got a pair of the 1010's. They were the low end of Altec;s line from 1980 to '85. Have a 10" stamped frame woofer and a small dome tweeter mounted behind a plastic diffraction grill. They sound pretty good but not a match for others in the line-up such as the model 6 and 8's.
    Jim Butler

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know what happened to the link I provided...


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...736214163&rd=1

  4. #4
    Junior Hostboard Member oldaudio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2004
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    These look like old University drivers to me. Altec merged with University at one time. I believe the Oklahoma City plant was originally the University plant.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.